Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nike "Kiss my Butt" ad - the body image I WISH I had


My bestest friend in the world (you know who you are) sent me this ad today. And aside from the strange spelling of "ambassador", which I gather is actually quite acceptable in the US, I really, really like it*.

It's the kind of body image (not to mention the kind of glutes, although I'm not really sure I want them enough for the aforementioned 10,000 lunges) that yeah, I'd really like to have. 

That kind of "This is what is. I'm proud of it. And if you don't like it, that's your problem."

I'm not there yet.  But one day, please gods, I will be.

Also? YAY for using models with short legs and SERIOUSLY sexy quads. Because, whoah. Especially with the boxing wraps to accessorise, this lady is very definitely my type :-)

More like this one, please Nike. And Asics. And... well... pretty much everyone, really.


_______
*Well, OK, I'm also not 100% sure about that whole border collie herding skinny women away from deals at clothing sales. Because a/ I'm not going to fit the same clothes as the aforementioned skinny women, so why be a dog in the manger? and b/ I'm really not sure about the whole "butt as border collie" metaphor - possibly someone in the marketing team was burning the midnight oil a little too long when they came up with that one -  is it just me that finds the image vaguely disturbing?

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

ok i so did a post with this ad a while back. i freakin love it.

p.s. love you too!

Starfire said...

Ooooh - please to be providing linkity goodness to the post? Would love to read your thoughts!