Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 1: Monday Morning Checkin (aka how'm I goin' with those goals, hmmmm?)

Image courtesy of the Stock Exchange
Righty. So. I went with the lazy day option yesterday, and proceeded to sit around the house in my PJs and just... chill. Reading. Sleeping. And way too much CSI Miami, which I had fun ripping to shreds. Not what you'd call a productive day, but I mostly enjoyed it.

Today it's time to check in on how I went with my weekly goals last week.

Eating-wise, I was pretty good. I tracked my food every day.  And healthy-eating-wise, it was reasonably good too - not great, especially over the weekend, but I'm happy with it overall. 

Exercise-wise, I did a little more than my goal 40km (43km), and just slightly under my goal calorie burn (2,463 instead of 2,500).

Running-wise, I did pretty good. From the week before, where I was trying HARD to manage my 3 sets of "run 13 min, walk 1, run 1, walk 1" for W2.1 of Bridge to 10k and not always succeeding, I did two running sessions in a row where I managed that. And then I moved onto my W2.2, which is 3 sets of Run 14, walk 2. And I managed that.  So that counts as a definite win.

And the weigh-in?  82.7kg (181.9lb), which is 0.3kg up from last week.  Possible reasons include a/ hormones (hello period!), b/ a wee bit too much sodium over the weekend, c/ the vagaries of my body doing what it needs to do in the timeframe it needs to do it in, or d/ any combination of the above.


So. Triumphs of the week?  Definitely the running - I'm pleased with that. And the compliment at the picnic was nice, if not something I can claim as something I did myself.

And stuff I'd like to do differently, or try out this coming week?  Keeping a watch on my sodium next weekend would be good.  Plus, actually *doing* one or two of the fitness DVDs I bought myself - for at least 2 exercise sessions this week. Because seriously? They're doing me no frickin' good at all by just sitting on my desk in their wrappers!

Other than those two things, I just want to keep focussing on the food-tracking, the generally healthy eating, and the exercising. Beyond those three simple basics, I'll aim to keep letting my body look after what it wants to happen weight-wise.

2 comments:

orannia said...

Sounds like a lovely day yesterday kechara. Personally, CSI Miami does my head in...but what can I say, I'm weird :)

YAH WRT the running!

300 g doesn't sound like much in the grand scheme of things - I seem to remember a little bird telling me it's the pattern (say over a month) the counts :) But I guess you need to know what happens each week to see the pattern :) I'll shut up now! *grin*

All the best for this week! So, no tempting ice-cream suggestions on Saturday then?

Starfire said...

*soft smile* - thanks kechara.

Yeah, 300g really doesn't mean much given that I know my weight can fluctuate by 1-2kg either way depending on hormones and where I am in my cycle. But I want to make a point of tracking it regularly (but not TOO regularly) so that I know where it's trending.

WRT the ice-cream - we'll see. It's not an automatic "no", since planned treats are... well... part of the plan... but it'll depend on what else I have on over the weekend, and what I think I'll be getting up to eating and exercise-wise :-)