Monday, November 15, 2010

And now for something totally different: FMM question

Image (as usual) courtesy of the Stock Exchange
Kenz over at All the Weigh has a Monday tradition: FMM, or Friend Making Monday.  She posts a question that she invites anyone interested to comment on, and answer on their blog, and then visit and comment other other answerers' blogs.

This week's question is "What have you got on your DVR?"

Now, scarily enough, I'm not tech-savvy enough to actually OWN a DVR at this point in time, but I do have a metric frakload of DVD series that I'm watching, so I shall answer using those, on the basis that it's the same kind of thing.

  1. CSI Miami: Don't ask me why, other than that I'm enjoying hurling abuse at the poor forensic science and Horatio's constant smug hokey-kokey with his sunglasses.  But it's brainless fluff, and there's the occasional pretty worth leching over.
  2. Dollhouse: My s2 DVDs FINALLY turned up, and I'm lovin' me some twisted Jossian awesomeness. Also, neither Eliza Dushku nor Tamoh Penikett are exactly hard on the eyes. And Enver Gjokaj out-acts the entire planet in every single episode. What's not to like?
  3. Burn Notice: Just finished watching s3 and itching to get my hands on s4. This is the perfect balance, for me, between warm, fluffy silliness and actual occasional edgy grit. Plus?  Dear gods, Jeffrey Donovan can MOVE during fight scenes. And I have a soft spot for Fi and Sam too.
  4. Magnificent Seven: (don't laugh) - my beloved husband loves this series, and I have to admit, it's grown on me since we started watching it together. Plus, hey, again, neither Michael Biehn nor a young Eric Close are a sacrifice to watch (are we sensing a theme here?)
  5. Criminal Minds: ZOMG... the writing. The acting. The complexity. The sheer awesomeness. This is the first of the ones I've mentioned where the pretty (nice as it is) comes in a distant last behind all the other awesome-itude. If only more TV was like this.

How about you? What are you watching (on DVR, DVD or actual TV) right now?

5 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

I watched Dollhouse for awhile and then stopped for some reason - I can't remember why. I've always loved Eliza Dushku ever since her Buffy days.

orannia said...

Hmmm. Well, Criminal Minds Season 3 and Supernatural Season 2. I'm also hoping to continue watching Queer As Folk (US) at some point.

Traveller said...

Usually when someone goes on about somthing in the media, my response is something like "That's on TV, right?". :-)

The most recent thing I watched was part of the recent comet fly-by on NASA TV. Most of my free time lately has been reading some books I got while at the WorldCon in Melbourne.

I have a very good friend who used to do REAL forensics. She doesn't have much good to say about the various CSIish shows. On the rare (about monthly) instances that I channel surf, I tend to spend time with NCIS or a movie.

I watched a lot of "Top Gear" and "Mythbusters" on the flight from the US to Australia. They has the "A-Team" movie, which was much better than I feared, on the flight back.

Starfire said...

@Traveller - I don't watch TV per se, but I do watch WAAAYYYYY too many DVDs. I used to enjoy NCIS, but haven't watched it in quite some time.

What are you reading at the moment? I'm working my way through Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Justice, which I'm quite enjoying... plus a couple of non-fiction books as well.

Starfire said...

@Andrea - I know not everyone liked Dollhouse, and it actually got quite poor ratings in the States so Fox pulled it, but at least they scheduled in the end of the series this time.

@Orannia - I really do have to check out Supernatural at some point!